Swing System Doors
Swing doors, also called pivot doors, are the most popular choice for office buildings and other work spaces. The characterising feature of swing doors is that they open both inwards and outwards. Swing doors have no hinges against the door frame – instead, they pivot on an axis point which closes towards the left or right side of the door.
Due to this feature, the doors can be manufactured significantly wider than hinged doors. They can be either framed (with extruded aluminium frames) or made as frameless glass doors. As an option, swing doors can be spring-loaded, so that they come to rest in the closed position.
You would choose a pivot or swing door if you are looking for a sleek, modern solution to complement the style of your home or office. If you are looking for a frameless glass door, or for a door which is wider than the more standard widths, then this is the style of door for you.
- Swing doors are manufactured to precise custom sizes that are often larger than the sizes of hinged doors.
- Design of these doors allows installation of side-lights or top-lights for additional lighting of the interior. Sidelights can be incorporated to the doors for additional ventilation
- Various glass options are available in this type of doors such as toughened glass or laminated safety glass or tinted in a wide range of colours.
- The Ideal sizes up to 1.5m in width, and up to 2.7m in height.
- Swing Doors have choice of high-end door handles, including D-handles.